How about leaving better children for our world!!


My friend Daniel Ruhweza posted the above picture on his Instagram page and i could not agree with him more.

Why are parents scared to discipline their children or voice their opinion towards a strange child who is misbehaving? Have we lost our moral code and don't feel right enough to discipline our children, are we too tired from adding value to the rest of the world and failing add value to our own households, are tired of being parents? What the heck is going on?

Sometime back, i sat next this beautiful sweet mum while we were both attending our children's concert.

Sat right above us on the upper level in the main hall was a bunch of notorious kids. They kept throwing papers and some random stuff at parents on the lower level. We were dressed nice and we not looking to be re- decorated with some random pieces of things thrown at us by these rowdy kids.

I was furious at how these kids were down right disrespecting parents.

This sweet mummy looks at me with all seriousness in her face and says: "there is nothing we can do, kids these days are like that"

I didn't know if i should yell at this sweet mummy or just show her " yes, something can be done"

My children would not be anywhere throwing things at parents or even at fellow kids! I will not allow them to be disrespectful towards anyone - over my dead body!

Gabriel my second one at about 7 - 8 years used to manipulate me into almost not disciplining him. when i punished him for his wrongs, he would look at me with this scary look and it got me thinking, this boy is plotting to beat me up.
It was a confusing time for me as a mum and i remember actually being scared of beating him. He obviously had won this battle  and his manners were out of control.

Then i decided before he is big enough to beat me, i will have beaten all this foolishness out of him.
 He got a good beating at about 9-10 years.... bless him. He needed it

Makayla is at that stage now and she uses her adoption card! You can imagine how tough our conversations are and the whooping that she gets.

I will not allow any child to leave my house and become a problem to the world.

So, anyway after looking at this sweet naive parent sat next me living in fear of these kids that were on the verge of terrorizing us, i went to the top level and caught one of them and the rest run off.
I told this kid that i would personally discipline him if he or his little friends threw one more thing at the parents.

The poor child, told his buddies and that was it. The kids run off and later my daughter told me how her friends are scared of me. Of-course, i am a parent - they should be scared of me.

Teachers should not have to correct our children, they should just teach and encourage.

If you decided to be a parent, for crying out loud, be one!

This world needs a better future citizens too.

Can i hear an Amen from fellow parents?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, I asked my husband out! The beginning of it all

Our second adoption